For the second time, Baleares International College, Sa Porrassa organized a Fair for trades and higher education for all their students from grades 6 to 12. After being postponed last year due to Covid restrictions, it felt like a big party this year.
The BIC Careers and Higher Education Fair offered students an exceptional experience opportunity to chat one-on-one with a wide variety of professionals, local and international companies and international universities on their career ambitions.
All our professionals and collaborators have been volunteers – our current and former parents, highly qualified staff members, alumni, international universities and well-established professional companies closely associated with the school. Our students had the chance to speak one-on-one with these inspiring and successful people. Students, in their evaluations, said things such as:
“I enjoyed talking to someone about my dream job”
“I liked discovering a job that I didn’t know existed”
“I was inspired by the pilot who said, ‘If it looks like fun, then do it’.”
A grade 6 student was heard saying that he now wanted to be an embryologist when he is older.
Nacho DiazBIC graduate with top A level results last summer, came back to talk to our students about how he got accepted to TU Delft University of Technology and his experience as an engineering student at Netherlands.
Nacho said: “I have explored different career paths, had the chance to speak to different professionals and I am delighted to have chosen aeronautical engineering for my future”, reiterating the show’s message on the importance for our students to speak to as many people as possible to find their professional path – Explore was the key message.
We would like to express our the biggest thank you to all the volunteers and professionals who have taken the time to share with our students the philosophy, career paths and experiences of their companies:
· Les Roches Marbella University – one of the best hospitality schools in the world.
· Schiller University – The Global American University – One of the world’s leading universities.
IE University – is a leading international university in Spain
Bournemouth University – is a public university in Bournemouth, England
· Marbella Design Academy – is an international design school offering 3 years – of higher design education.
· EU Business School – is a private business school with campuses in Geneva and Montreux, Barcelona and Munich.
Mrs. Paget – Embryologist and Successful Businesswomen
Ms. Fekete – Journalist
· Nacho Diaz – BIC Alumni and student at TU Delft.
Ms. Galliano – Marketing Specialist at Media.Monks
Mr. Salva – IT Project Manager at Oracle
Mr. Salva – Lawyer in Cuatrecasas
· Ms. Bereton Pattel – Fitness and Wellness, Optimized – Personal Wellness and Successful Businesswomen.
Mr. Mansour – Software Executive, E-bay and Microsoft
· Radio One Mallorca – the first English-speaking radio station in Mallorca
Mr. Neethling – Private Investor
Ms. Togores – Private Property Advisor
Mrs. Cardona Vázquez.- Owner and General Manager of Viveros Sa Porassa, Garden Center
Mr. Cardona Vázquez – Architect
· Blue Water Yachting – Luxury yacht charter and yacht brokerage.
Mrs. Mora – Pilot
Mr. Schlegel – Stock Exchange and Investment Banking
Mr. Middleton – CEO of Liquid Nano
Mr. Demangeat – Architect
Mr. Doyle – Pilot
· Mr Kehne – Commercial Director, Strategic Accounts at Tricentis
The BIC Job Fair was such a rewarding experience for our students, parents and collaborators that we are already looking forward to celebrating the school’s next job fair.